Monday, June 27, 2011

Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo ECU Re-Flash



My good friend ask me if i could help him up to flash his Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo as he said the car is going too rich on acceleration, he can see black smokes on his rear view mirror.
A date was set and he pick me up at home,we go for a logging using EvoScan and LM2 wideband O2.


After some logging and discussing with him what to do,the owner decide to try out a ROM by Tomei. I then flashed the ROM into the ecu.

Here is the Tactrix cable and DIY Mitsubishi Reflash Connector,as the Airtrek is having a different type of connector for re-flash compared to EVOs.

The slightly modded engine,with Tiptronic INVECS2 gearbox,same as Evo 7 GTA.

A quick test drive and he did feel the car abit lively compared to previous map. I did a log again on the AFR and make sure everything was on the safe side,and listen for knock as we drive along. The owner is using RON95. After satisfy with the datalog,its time to go home...the car will go on the dyno after this for a further fine tuning and to see how many horses she can put out..

3 comments:

  1. Boss,

    How much cost for ecu re-flash???

    Im plan to install blue em-manage which is costing around 1.5K complete tuning but I still want to know benefit for re-flash ecu that you mentioned.

    FYI, standardise Airtrek ECU from factory really made me out of money due high consumption fuel even I just drivind under 110kmj.

    Please reply me ASAP, or do a call or email me URGENTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Reflash for Airtrek is RM900 (Dyno tune),if you have high fuel consumption,you better check your engine health first before doing tune up,it could be other problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello,
    i'm french
    i would like to do for my outlander
    where are you? contact me to juliendovale92@gmail.com
    thank you

    ReplyDelete